Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Sitka for Mostly Midwest use

Muskeez

So I'd like to finally get myself a nice set of hunting clothing. Most of my use is Mid October, November Whitetail season. Some Western use in October and November, one week each. I have good enough early season stuff. I have been using Core4 Element series stuff in Mountain Mimmicry and it has performed pretty dang well for several years even though I have used it a lot and hard.

My wishes are in this order:
#1 QUIET! Not the typical "Softshell" material that is actually pretty noisy. I have to be able to draw my bow without my clothing rubbing on itself and making noise. But, it also can't be too soft like fleece as we have a ton of burs and such that stick in soft clothing.
#2 Medium weight at least in the warmth category. Not the super thick insane warmth level. I want to be able to hike in them. I can easily layer underneath which is what I have been doing for years.
#4 WaterPROOF, not resistant. This would be a treat! If I get caught in a shower I get wet. If it's raining I have to wait it out in the truck or put on regular thin raingear over my clothing. If the weeds are wet from dew or snow or rain my pant legs get soaked. I'd love to get away from that.

Is that too much to ask? If not which models do those things fit?

Thanks for any help from the guys that use this stuff regularly!

Last edited:
You should have no problems finding that in some of Sitka's shell layers. They don't seem too noisy at all. If you're going to be sitting in a stand I'd say that a water repellent jacket will be enough to keep you dry. That totally changes if you're walking through wet grass.

I personally own First Lite, so if you have any questions about their stuff just shoot me a PM.

I think what you probably want is the Downpour Jacket and pant.

1. It's got a brushed face so it's very quiet
2. It's a shell, you do have to layer with it
3. It's goretex so about as waterproof as you are going to get.

My only complaints are that the brushed outer layer holds water a bit, so while you are dry on the inside the outside is still damp unless you have some significant sun time/ can take it inside, also I have a jacket from a few years back and it doesn't have pit zips not sure if the new ones do. Great for whitetail hunting or CO late season elk, maybe not so much for backpack SE AK hunts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back