CO Unit 62 Road Conditions?

upchurch_k

We're headed up to Unit 62 on Thursday, I was wondering if anyone can give me an update on the road conditions on the butte. We would like to camp off of Brushy Ridge Trail and Divide Rd. We will have a 2 wheel drive 3/4 ton with chains hauling an 18 foot trailer with (4) 4-wheelers.

I can't speak to that unit specifically, but I live in the central mountains and we got between 12-18 inches last week and into the weekend in the high country (i.e. above 8500-9000 or so). I've noticed when scouting that all of the snow on north-facing areas is sticking around pretty well and basically all of the other snow and anything below about 8000 is prettymuch gone already.

I looked at your unit a bit- my guess is that most of the snow from the recent storm will be gone. I would be really worried about mud though.

Divide Road was dusty on the north end yesterday. All the mud holes on the 2-tracks are full of water and melting snow in the afternoon makes them slimy. You shouldn't have any problem with the main roads.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back