Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Winchester Model 1890 .22 long, first production - Made 1892

TheGrayRider

I have a Winchester Model 1890 in .22 long, first production, made in 1892, serial number low 10,000s, that has a broken cartridge lifter. Shoots single round well. Any recommendations of persons that work on 125 year old Winchesters like mine? Thanks, TheGrayRider.

I can't recommend anyone but searching out a part for that rifle should not be too difficult, though I have not done for that one specifically.

Ebay and Gunbroker should be your first stops. Then there are some parts dealers that have websites on line. You may not only find a part, it may just drop in and fit. Seems odd to break a lifter.

Is this what you need? It is for Short cartridges, but it would be a simple matter to have it bored deeper for long or long rifle cartridges. My rifle was a Shorts only rifle but when I had it relined, I also had it converted to long rifle.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/788829047

pix108291739.jpg

Thanks for the information. I will check out Ebay and Gunbroker. The first production of the 1890 has a smaller and different cartridge lifter than the second and third production lifters. I think the first production 1890 lifters are harder to find.

Back