New Rangefinder Question

gdgwp

Does anyone have any experience with the new rangefinders available? I'm looking to upgrade and was considering the Leupold RX 1300i TBR to match up with my CDS Leupold scope system. I can't seem to find a ton of reviews besides the general one on Cabela's type websites. I noticed the Vortex Ranger 1300 has better reviews on that site. Does anyone have any strong feelings one way or another? The Vortex option is $299 versus $229 for the Leupold.

Personally, my last several rangefinders have been Leupold. The only reason for that is they have sent me a new one when the others have broken within a year, sometimes less. I won't buy another. All my scopes are Vortex, and I am very happy with them and the customer service behind them.

DO NOT buy a Vortex rangefinder. They are slow and don't read very far at all. I'd highly recommend a SIG or a Leica. I don't have any recent experience with a Leupold.

I have a Lupe 1200i TBR w/DNA that has served me well. My son in law needs for a NM elk hunt & I'm gonna let him keep it so I ordered a Sig Kilo 2200MR....should deliver next Monday.

Another vote for a Kilo 2200. Found one on Ebay for $409. Very bright, very fast. I love Leopold optics, but had to go with the Sig on this one. Only one I thought was better was the Leica, but couldn't justify the extra money for it.

My SIG Kilo 2000 went with us to WY last week. It was super fast and performed great with antelope out to 875 yards or so.

DO NOT buy a Vortex rangefinder. They are slow and don't read very far at all. I'd highly recommend a SIG or a Leica. I don't have any recent experience with a Leupold.

Really? I was playing with my 1500 the other day and it read near, mid and far pretty well from what I could tell. There wasn't any noticeable lag in the readings either.

Really? I was playing with my 1500 the other day and it read near, mid and far pretty well from what I could tell. There wasn't any noticeable lag in the readings either.

I just bought the vortex ranger 1300. From what I read, the older models had this problem but they fixed in in the 2018 models. Mine is 2018 and I have no lag time at all. It also reads yard for yard as accurate as my Swarovski El Range binos. I was able to pick one up new for $189 on eBay and couldn't be happier.

I have the Vortex Ranger 1300 and it has worked flawlessly for me in SC, NC, and MT. Varied terrain, long distances, short distances, etc.

I bought a Sig BDX series rangefinder that will pair with a BDX scope last week. Amazing technology. I took it out to shoot over the weekend and it is truly fun to shoot with. Fast, accurate and clear.

Got a Sig 1200. used. cannot get it to range more than 780 yards or so. no matter what i use for a background. will try a new $6 battery in it, but am not optimistic. Bot it cause the Leup 1000 tbr I have would not range in the light fog last year.
guess you get what you pay for. buying new next time.

I just bought the ranger 1300 it ranged out to 1356 at one time it surprised me how good it was. the sig is probably a better product but for 150$ cheaper I went with vortex. The vortex also has two modes one is for line of sight for real technical shooters who are using ballistic apps. The other takes angles and yardage and gives you yardage you should be shooting. I just bought mine three weeks ago.

I have a Vortex ranger 1000 and the ranger 1500. They both work great and I have never had any issues with either.

I bought a Leica 14 years ago. Used it very often. It had a rough life on an atv getting bounced around in a saddlebag out of its case. It has never failed me . I replace the battery every year and that has been the extent of my maintainance. I will still be using it this year. The rubber coating is starting to flake a bit but not bad. Never the less I will probably give it to my Cousins son next year and place it with a new Leica.
I would have bought one this year but I blew my budget on a few other items.

Received the Sig2200MR today...very clear, excellent graphics and screen layout, fast reads scanning...a treeline at 983 from a road sign at 104 in the rain & dark overcast in a blink... no problem.

Like...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back