PEAX Equipment

Hunter Harassment - Antelope Unit 19 State Trust Land

"Husband" won't see it coming.

When Darlene shotgunned Esai Morales I nearly jumped out of the chair.

Last edited:
I just got a reply from the State land office and they are looking into this incident.
I would encourage you to email Cole Lambert with the issues that took place: [email protected]
I took time to let them know this is not what we as Wyoming residents want to see play out on state lands.
A threat of physical violence by the lessee's son is not a matter for them to take lightly.

I just sent the Gov an email referencing this thread. If he replies, I'll post up.

[video=youtube;OVzvoPP6M50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVzvoPP6M50[/video]

Thanks for all the support! I have spoken with Cole Lambert and he is supportive of my situation but is not in a position to do much. He said he would follow up with the game warden. The game warden for Moorcroft is John Davis. I emailed him to follow up. He responded he had a scheduled interview with Trish but had a call that kept him from the interview. I am committed to following this through.

Was just in GMU 20. Southbound on the main road to Kaycee there is a designated parking area. OnX says is State Trust land. Official looking signs say "Private Property, No Trespassing. I question the validity of those signs as OnX would know if WY sold off that land recently.

Also in 20, just over the hill from the parcel on Hammond Road is a fence line that according to OnX is quite a bit on public land yet every few feet is No Trespassing.

Not likely there is any risk to the landowners being told a fence is wrong and has to be moved since encroaches state land rather than a neighbor. Putting up fake signs is probably not going to get CSI-WY on the case.

I would like to see hunters start a reporting system similar to how poaching is called in but in this case would be attacks on public access by land owners. Fence lines encroaching public with signs posted, fake signs, locked gates, trucks blocking roads, etc.

Ditto to previous comments. While I might not be able to hunt the unit anytime soon; I've Got to got take a look the next time I'm through.

Definitely don't hunt this area without several other hunters. One or two folks to talk with them, one to call the authorities, and another to video. Plus it's more tempting to harass one or two folks rather than a group.

You guys should totally organize a group hunt.

Keep in mind that the property lines you see on Onx maps can easily be off by 100 feet, 200 feet, or more. Sometimes a lot more. So if you see a fence that's nice and straight and relatively close to a property line on your Onx map, the fence very well could be on the actual property line, and the Onx map could be wrong. I'm a land surveyor and see it all the time, when county assessor maps don't match up with the true property lines.

OnX maps are a great tool that I have only had for about a month. It is not always 100 % accurate with private land boundaries. I would hesitate to confront a landowner in a line dispute with only the OnX information.

Wow. I've had the pleasure of hunting in Wyoming only once. All the locals I came in contact with were really friendly, down-to-earth, salt of the earth types. When my dumb self got my pickup stuck in the bentonite, this guy and his son were happy to climb up the badlands and help dig me out. I was sure to drop by and give those guys some antelope steaks on my way out of tow. That was in the Basin/Greybull area.

Last edited:
I made the trip down to Wyoming from Saskatchewan this past season by my self and this was my biggest "fear". Encounter a bunch of local hicks/outfitters who literally believe public land is theirs. As not only a guest from out of state, but from out of country, I was dreading such an encounter.

I'm glad the Wardens took this seriously. The way I see it, Wyoming attracts thousands of non-resident hunters who bring in probably a few million dollars in the State's coffins, I don't believe they can afford to let things get out of hands.

We have the same type of people up here in Canada, but at least I know my arcs of fire in such circumstances, I know what I can and cannot do. Also, being alone sucks in such situations. Lucky for me, I crossed paths with only a handful of hunters and must've exchanged a few dozen words with a nice couple who were chasing mules so I told them where I had just seen a decent buck (I only had antelope tags). I managed to get back to Canada with my buck and doe tags filled!

Back