Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wyoming Unit 100-6 Elk Hunt

That’s awesome. Congratulations. I’m one who thinks that public land cow elk hunts are vastly underrated experiences. Way to go!

Thanks for sharing, great job. I hunted it last year, thanks for reviving my memories.

How does that type 6 tag work, is it a random draw only, or can you use preference points on it? Im also wondering how long the season goes on the type 6? I just got back from a hunt in unit 124 on a type 4 hunt, and id like to do the reduced price tag next time around.

How does that type 6 tag work, is it a random draw only, or can you use preference points on it? Im also wondering how long the season goes on the type 6? I just got back from a hunt in unit 124 on a type 4 hunt, and id like to do the reduced price tag next time around.

Type 6 and 7 tags are completely random draw and do NOT use preference points. Same goes for those tags in the deer and antelope drawings.

Ok that is kind of what i was thinking, it makes it hard to plan a hunt too far into the future with those tags. I have a brother and sister in law that live in Green River, so its a whole family vacation when we go out there. Looks like i might just have to keep doing the type 4 hunts if i want to plan a ways in advance.

Back