Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Another first western hunt thread.

JonathonJEB

My wife and I just got back home from our first out of state hunting trip. It was a great trip and we got some great meat. Thanks for all the info shared on here. I think winter showed up in Wyoming the same day we did. Not the biggest bucks but we are both proud of them and cant wait to get back out there.
A1 (2).jpg
B1.jpg
C1.jpg
D1.jpg
E1.jpg
F1.jpg
G1.jpg
H1 (2).jpg
I1 (2).jpg
J1 (2).jpg
K1.jpg

Attachments

• J1.jpg
    J1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 297
congrats! Nice sling as well :) What unit? scenery pics are great!

Looks like you and your wife had a great hunt. Congrats to both of you and the dog.

Nice work!

I took a shower in those restrooms in Saratoga a couple of weeks ago. There were some interesting characters hanging around that day.

Nice!! Hope you have a day or so, roads were closed this morning around Laramie.
The snow makes for a great drive and scenery over the pass in the Snowies.
The hobo pool can be very interesting in Saratoga.
Travel safe and get those PP built up for the next trip.

His pics are on top of Snowy Range scenic byway. That is a drive everyone should a make if hunting around Laramie. Pretty good fishing up there as well.
Lake Marie and Mirror lake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exr-DOWJ3A0

Nice!! Hope you have a day or so, roads were closed this morning around Laramie.
The snow makes for a great drive and scenery over the pass in the Snowies.
The hobo pool can be very interesting in Saratoga.
Travel safe and get those PP built up for the next trip.

His pics are on top of Snowy Range scenic byway. That is a drive everyone should a make if hunting around Laramie. Pretty good fishing up there as well.
Lake Marie and Mirror lake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exr-DOWJ3A0

We made it out of town just before the weather got real bad it sounds like.
The hobo pool is definitely worth the trip after a hunt, but yes the snowy range was for sure something to see. I would rate it up there with the Tetons or any other national park. Its probably a little better because there is hardly anyone around. We also stopped in a cool diner in Saratoga that had some really good food it was J W Hugus restaurant. It was full of hunters also. It was a real good time and we are already looking in to a future hunt.

We had the pleasure of having Gib and Marty repair a tire for us while we were in Saratoga. They were keeping pretty busy patching hunters' tires. Everybody we met out there was very friendly, mostly good folks in Wyoming.

Congrats. I was out there in 2016 for my first antelope hunt. Beautiful country. Can't wait to make another trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back