Montana orange regulations

devon deer

Sorry if this is a stupid question, my orange jacket fell to bits last time I was over, I have a cover for my back pack which is orange (not really bright, but it is orange), and when I'm running at night in the UK I have a small very bright orange vest with fluorescent stripes (I guess Elk don't carry flashlights!) is there a reg saying all orange jackets have to be the same brightness?
Otherwise Sportsman Warehouse here I come!
Cheers
Richard

There is no brightness requirement. It does state that it is to be "fluorescent".

I would also add that it has to be on your person, not obstrcuted by a pack to count. I've spoken to several GW and they are all pretty much in unison about this, but if they would cite or warn they disagreed.

OK thanks, sounds like I had better buy another then, I guess it won't hurt using the pack cover as well as the jacket.
Cheers
Richard

Richard, you may already know this but over here we commonly refer to it as blaze orange.

Good luck on the hunt! Archery whitetail season started October 1 but I've been working so much that I'm all knackered out as you call it! No interest in getting up early on the ONE day a week that I turn down the overtime. Sleep and rest are good things when everything hurts! Now that it has cooled off I just may start thinking about it, though.

Agree with all said above. First lite makes a “orange vest” that counts that is definitely not fluorescent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back