Yet another public land Montana antelope

onpoint

For those who choose to hunt out of a backpack vs. a truck, glass from a ridgeline vs. an open window, and sit out amongst the sage and prickly pear vs. on your moosy oak seat covers...
How often do you see these guys a ways out and sit and formulate the plan of how you're gonna be able to get within 300 yds......................
herd.jpg
And it pays off......
ant.jpg
As I was quartering, this thing passed just over my head, noiseless until after it passed - then deafening.
jet.jpg
A snowy camp this morning.
camp.jpg
Not too often antelope camp is above the clouds.
view.jpg
All photos courtesy of Public Lands. No roadhunters had a prayer of interfering with my hunt.
No camo whatsoever was worn during the snapping of these pics....:hump:
We are very lucky to have the privilege to do this stuff, don't take it for granted......................

Last edited:
I’ve had the planes come right over me. I caught it’s movement out of the corner of my eye once amd it scared the hell out of me and swear the pilot was low enough we about made eye contact. And like you said, the roar afterwards is thunderous. Congrats on your antelope.

Great pictures! The B-1 picture hits close to home for me. I worked on them for four years snd loved those beasts! As for the buck, congrats and way to do it the right way!

The one on the ground was actually just out of the frame of the pic - the one in the pic was bigger, he moved off out of range. Wasn't picky this year.
Thanks Sytes.
The B1 crash a few years ago was just about a dozen miles away from where this pic was snapped.

Lancer (B-1) at full afterburners will shake you up! When three or four are doing pattern work right over base housing, it is nearly impossible to have a decent phone conversation every 5-6 minutes as they cycle overhead.

Congratulations on your antelope success, old school style.

Very cool all the way around. Where I grew up we’d occasionally get sonic booms from the space shuttle taking off. I loved that as a kid. Congratulations on a fine antelope.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back