Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2019 First Time Antelope Hunt?

Ladykiller

So I think I'd like to try my hand at Antelope hunting for the first time in 2019. I've got 6 weeks of vacation to burn. I'd like to shoot a buck and a doe. Crossbow, bow, or rifle. Not really into pistols or muzzleloaders. What state(s) do you folks recommend? I'm in Washington and can either drive my truck, rent a vehicle, or fly in and rent a vehicle. I'd like to shoot a mature buck (say equivalent to a 4.5 year old whitetail), whatever that may be. Does not have to be B&C or P&Y. I could care less about those organizations. Looking to sight see and maybe fish for trout as well if I have time. So what do you guys recommend?

Just finished our first. Most of the advice we got going into this was that WY has the most opportunities for non-res first year 'lope hunters. Our homework confirmed.

WY was my first antelope hunt. I would highly recommend it. Has some great fishing as well.

Most folks will point you to Wyoming, which is going to be your best bet given your parameters. I'd get an antelope preference point ($31) bought ASAP - you have until the end of the month. The point will give you more options to choose from next year. Getting the special tag will also give you a bit better opportunity as well. Buy the point and then spend the winter researching. Good luck

Back