A Beginner's Report Out

Sorry to hear that you did not fill all of the tags. There was a time there when that would not have been a problem. I think that unit 9 and unit 11 are WAY over-subscribed, especially for the small amount of public land. Years ago, we went out by Manville, killed six doe antelope the first day and went home the second day. It would have been pretty tough to do that now.

I did find out the hard way that hunting a unit with small amounts of public access, on the second week is no joke. I was totally happy to get one of two permits filled. I saw plenty of antelope on private land, though not nearly what I expected to see. The public access antelope were so spooky, that they would start bailing the minute that I crawled over the top of a hill to set up my rifle. I missed a couple of shots that I just did not have time to get totally solid on.

Overall, it was a fun trip and I spent a lot of time looking at some real pretty ranch land that I had never seen on the prior short trip. Glad you and your crew got home in one piece.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back