Caribou Gear Tarp

Feeling thankful .....

SFC B

As most of you know through the live hunts section I was lucky enough to connect on a decent PH buck last weekend. Well, I had taken off work all the way through Wednesday so I took the chance to get ready to roll for my Tuesday departure for 2ND season in 26. In the midst of packing and shuffling around stuff I looked at the skull I had cleaned off at the car wash and realized I hadn't logged it in. I have a somewhat strange way of keeping track of the animals me and the kids have taken over the years. I built a plywood box the keep my knives (and related stuff) in using a Kreg jig ( if you do ANY woodworking and don't have one you should check it out) and use a sharpie to note the species, sex, date and location of the game taken. Each of the kids and I have our own side of the box. Once I grabbed the sharpie and made it to the box I was a little taken aback by the game I saw on there. I think we all can easily fall into the "man I had bad luck and didn't get ANYTHING this year" syndrome but looking at the animals represented on the box I felt overwhelming gratitude. Both for the opportunities I have had and for the animals themselves. I am looking forward more than ever to elk camp this year no matter what the "results". I will go ahead and say that I feel blessed and wish blessings on all of you fellow Hunttalkers!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back