Places to eat in Casper

Hatchie Dawg

Wrapped antelope hunt today and looking for a good place to eat/ celebrate in Casper tonight. Seems like I just saw a thread on this but can’t find it. Any recs? Good steak?

Thanks HD

There used to be a Chinese restaurant coming into town from Rawlins. Do not eat there, repeat do not eat there. GJ

silver fox is probably the best restaurant in town. just took my parents there the other night when they were visiting

silver fox is probably the best restaurant in town. just took my parents there the other night when they were visiting

Silver Fox is good for a steak, and you can throw a rock from there to the G&F office. Lots of mounts there, mostly animals that were poached. It's worth checking out.

If your still in town and want a cheap, big burrito then you have to go to Pancho's!!! I make a detour every time I pass Casper. They are open 24/7 and have breakfast burritos too.

Silver Fox is good for a steak, and you can throw a rock from there to the G&F office. Lots of mounts there, mostly animals that were poached. It's worth checking out.

And using the G&F parking lot to access the river, there's some nice runs on that stretch that usually hold rainbows and browns of decent size.

Nice to hear Silver Fox is still doing well.

Ok here is my rundown on the spots recommended.

After my question Thursday evening we had already eaten at the Fort a couple of times and while good we wanted to try some thing a little different. Headed to J’s Pub and Grill. Very nice place with a modern vibe. We both got the prime rib and it was excellent. Ate at the bar and met a guy that had killed some massive animals in WY and elsewhere. Really nice guy and exchanged numbers as he agreed to help us pick an elk unit in the future. Next morning ate at Eggingtons. Outstanding breakfast and service. Highly recommend the French Toast. Finally. Friday night tried the Silver Fox. I got the ribeye and it might have been the best steak I’ve ever eaten. The whole thing could be cut with my fork. A++.
So thanks for all the recs. Each one we tried was a good one. My buddy got a laugh about getting almost instant restaurant recs on a hunting forum. I told the group is legit and well rounded.

HD

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back