Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Sitka Pants

Dakota79

What ones are without a doubt the warmest? I know nothing about them so educate me.

Depends if you want their warmest gear for active mountain hunting or the warmest for inactive tree stand hunting. Completely different application and completely different product, based on the intended use.

A person in a wheelchair that gets cold very easy sitting out in the elements for hunting

Incinerator Bibs maybe? Layering is going to help you out a bunch. Not just the pants. Where are you hunting?

I'm in the very northwest corner of South Dakota on the Montana border. Mule Deer, Whitetail, Antelope and Elk Hunting.

I'm paralyzed from the neck down and honestly never considered bibs. With my whole body paralyzed I don't know how easy they would be to get on.

I don't need the $500 pair of pants they offer but something warmer than my wranglers.

Considering your situation, perhaps clothing not specifically designed for hunters might fill the needs better. I'm thinking insulated snow pants.

For me, if I keep my toes/feet warm, then the rest of me is going to stay warm. Electric socks might help you even more than pants

And taking my presumptions further, I'm guessing that you will be hunting out of a blind, thus getting a portable heater to heat the entire blind will keep you more comfortable,

I'm in the very northwest corner of South Dakota on the Montana border. Mule Deer, Whitetail, Antelope and Elk Hunting.

I'm paralyzed from the neck down and honestly never considered bibs. With my whole body paralyzed I don't know how easy they would be to get on.

I don't need the $500 pair of pants they offer but something warmer than my wranglers.

Dakota, I hunt that same area. During deer season, our camp is actually right across the state border in ND on a friend's land. I agree with kansasdad that you might be able to find something suitable not geared towards active hunters. I used to hunt in some insulated carharts with thermal underwear underneath when I was younger and had to watch every penny. Even my waterproofing for boots was plastic bags over my socks. If it was really cold, sweatpants could even go ontop of the thermal underwear. Electric heaters in your socks and portable heaters are pretty affordable and effective nowadays. I hope you find something that works well for you. Good luck!

Dakota, did you find something? I am researching Sitka gear and found this thread. I'm thinking a "Heater Body Suit" may be just what you need. My buddy uses one and loves it. Best wishes on your season!

I have not pulled the trigger on anything yet. Those heated bodysuits look great but would not fit me in my wheelchair. I'm thinking of just going and looking at things in person to see what might work.

Just for clarification The HeatER Body suit is basically a sleeping bag that zips open in the front when needed. It may be a chore for you to get into it when seated in your wheelchair but once you are in it would be incredibly toasty. They are not electrtic heated or anything like that. Just the concept of being like a bag keeps your body heat in. The legs are independent of each other but the top half is like a bag. kinda.. check them out here;

https://heaterbodysuit.com/

Maybe look at the kelvin pant. The are a puffy style and have full zips from the waist down. They may make it easier to put on. They are a little loud but you could run a shell over them to quiet then down a bit.

^^This is what I was thinking.
Kelvin Pants - Full length zip on/off puffy pants

I have kelvins and like them. FirstLite makes a synthetic puffy pant. Kuiu makes down pants. I think mountain Hardware still makes the Kompressors which I believe were synthetic. I think Rab also has a puffy pant.

The insulator pants by Pnuma Outdoor might be a good option. I have no experience with them but from what I understand they fully unzip to make getting them on easy and are supposed to be warm, durable and quiet.

I have the Sitka incinerator bibs for tree stand (only used them once). Very warm. Not super easy to get on though.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back