Default Need a new archery target

I dug through some old threads but mostly found ideas for making your own, or cheap ones. Does anyone have any recommendations on quality targets I should look at for a new target?

Thank you,
    Chris

Bulldog targets are tough and durable. Me and my buddies have 3 or 4 of them floating around for 4 or 5 years now.

This is what I use for field tips, but not broadheads. I use a broadhead target for broadheads. It has held up really well in the past 5 years.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/THE-...ET/2488334.uts

I have a blob along with a given to me old 3d deer I just keep refilling with foam in a can. I highly recommend the blob, I have had mine for years and it has taken a ton of abuse.

If you can find a place that has leftover closed cell foam it's pretty easy to make a really high quality target for cheap. My family owns a packaging business so I've got an in for mine.
    Old Milwaukee Pro Staff

For broad heads or field points?

I have a Bulldog for field points, but I am in the market for a broadhead target, my McKenzie Shotblocker (I think that’s the name) got mutilated by broadheads
    To see America as history, to conceive of destiny as a becoming, to smell a hickory tree through the still lapse of ages- all these things are possible for us, and to achieve them takes only the free sky, and the will to ply our wings~ Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjav View Post
    For broad heads or field points?
    90% of the shots will be field points. Would you suggest getting one for each?

I really like the Glen Del Full Rut Buck. I've replaced the core twice since I bought it in 2011. It gets mostly broadheads shot at it along with a few field points.
    "The Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world" Del Gue

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    90% of the shots will be field points. Would you suggest getting one for each?
    That's the route I've always gone. The bag style (tons of DIY options) targets make arrow removal much easier. As for a recommended broadhead target, I've abused my rinehart for a long time and it's been a lot tougher than the multi-layer/"Block" style. Arrow removal is tougher, but it translates to better durability. Good luck!

I bought one of the Outfitter size block targets and it has lasted me several years of mostly shooting field tips, last year I changed up my draw weight, went to a heavier spined arrow and had trouble tuning my broadheads, a week of shooting broadheads pretty much destroyed the side that I shot the broadheads at. If it were me I would look for a decent broadhead target and then just shoot field points at a bag target, those seem to last a long time in my experience and they're much cheaper than a block style target.

I have the Reinhart 18-1. If you find a blemish sale it’s not too bad for price. Mine is 3 years old shooting all my field point and broadheads at is with great luck. It’s starting to wear out on one side but I can get at least another year by turning it, probably more if I start shooting at the small edges.

I shoot 70lb Hoyt Power max with ~440 gr VAPs. The VAPs are awesome but are rough on bags because of the skinny arrow and larger outsert. They penetrate phenomenally though.