Idaho unit 41-1 pronghorn

blacktailbuilt

Reaching out to fellow huntalkers. I’m in unit 41-1 Idaho hunting pronghorn solo as we speak. I’m having no trouble turning up many does in the northern part of 41 near the agg fields. I keep tabs on them everyday but no bucks have appeared. Anyone have any tips of recommendation on spots of interest to check out? Should I just stay on the does ive found and bucks should appear? Appreciate anything. Thanks

That tag can be a frustrating tag. If you don't tag within the first two days of the rifle season the pronghorn can be tough to find. Now that the deer hunters are out and about they will be even more skittish. I suggest you give the 41/42 boundary line a shot. Sometimes after all of the pressure they bunch up and get sandwiched between the two units. The harder a place is to get to by 4-wheeler/truck, the more likely you will find pronghorn. That is my experience.

Good luck. Hope to see a grip and grin.

When I lived in Boise, I archery hunted that unit every year. Did really well in the southern portion of the unit off Hwy. 51. Usually drove down Hwy. 51 to the Sheep Creek Rd. which takes you into unit 41-2. There were a couple roads near that junction that take off into 41-1 (to the west)and that is where we hunted. Always saw lots of bucks. Good luck!

Well I headed south to the boarder then west past the reservation and found a lone buck thanks for the reply’s guys 7974F5B6-7223-4B6D-84EB-AFB42781F587.jpg

Hey guys I was fortunate enough to draw this rifle tag this year. Picking up off your guys comments I’ll check out the southern end of the units? Any other tips or maybe some areas to check out? I’d appreciate any help it’s a pretty large area! I’ll be heading over in a couple weeks to start glassing for bucks!

Hey guys I was fortunate enough to draw this rifle tag this year. Picking up off your guys comments I’ll check out the southern end of the units? Any other tips or maybe some areas to check out? I’d appreciate any help it’s a pretty large area! I’ll be heading over in a couple weeks to start glassing for bucks!
We also have the tag and are currently down here. Have you made it out yet? How's it been???

We also have the tag and are currently down here. Have you made it out yet? How's it been???
Yes, I hunted the south end opening day and got a decent goat. I scouted the weekend and saw 9 bucks and 40 head

Yes, I hunted the south end opening day and got a decent goat. I scouted the weekend and saw 9 bucks and 40 head
Right on congrats. We have been all over the unit last few days and hardly seen anything. Going to extend our search into some new areas tomorrow.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back