welp I'm new here and new to huntn the west

Congrats. I was out there deer hunting. Weather turned Wyoming for a bit. Haha. Camping was cold. Take a fly rod next time.

Nice job, that's a fine looking buck. The wife and I got back recently and we just missed the snowstorm.

image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpegimage5.jpegimage6.jpeg

here are a couple more pictures.

as for the weather monday was our hardest day .
sunday was 19-35 degrees the snow didn't really melt so it was a pretty easy day. Now monday, everything was melting and it was a sloppy mess. we walked 10 miles that day and i think we had 5 pounds of mud stuck to each boot the WHOLE time. Wyoming mud is different to, its not normal mud, it makes like a thick paste that never comes off, normal mud you can just kick and it flys off, not this wyoming stuff. we did find that the smaller sage bushes act really well as natural shoes scrappers, i don't even know how many bushes i myself covered, and my wife was in the same boat. soo if your in the casper area and you see a lot of sage bushes covered in mud you can thank us.

Last edited:
we were a good 3 miles from the truck when we shot the buck . and i know i left the head on, i coulda skinned it out and saved some weight but I've tried doing a face on a whitetail once and messed it all up, so i went with the heavier packing out option and left the rest for the taxidermist.

after seeing advertisements every couple minutes for a good 150 miles, we had to stop in at wall drug on the way home and take our pic with the 6' jackalope,

Out of curiosity, what did you think of the local eats?

yea thanks for all the suggestions you made earlier in this post . we try and avoid chains if possible so what you suggested was right up our ally

we only made it to the Wyoming Ale works. it was a good burger , lots of beer choices , plenty of TV's. maybe just a tad on the pricey side, i would still go back . i really wanted to try at least one of your b-fast places but never made it happen.

thanks again

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back