Sig Sauer BDX Rangefinders

Rzrbck918

Does anyone have any experience with the Sig BDX line of rangefinders and scopes. Im in the market for a rangefinder this year and I was interested by the interconnectivity of the scope and rangefinder.

Thanks in advance.

I cant speak to the bdx setup, but it is quite the idea. I can say that I love my sig rangefinder, and been intrigued by the quality of the scopes I've looked through. I have some mixed feelings about all the technology in a shooting system, but sig seems to make some solid products!!

I do not own one of the complete systems but am quite familiar with them - system works well and if you have any particular questions/concerns I'd be more than happy to give you my 2 cent opinion.
I do have one of the original model 2000 range finders and have used it extensively.

I love my Sig Kilo 2000...but if I was given one of those BDX setups for free, i'd sell it immediately. not saying it doesn't work perfectly well...just for me, WAY too much too worry about and too many things that could go wrong. how about a 7 day hunt when the temps are getting down below zero and colder at night, and you don't look through your scope till you finally have an elk in range on day 7...hope all those batteries are still working! might be fun to mess with at the range, but for hunting i'll stick to ranging and dialing in my turret.

Thanks for the replies...my main question was in regard to the Sig performance. Seems from what I have seen here and in the other threads, Sig works well. Ive got some of the same concerns about that much reliance on technology but honestly its only one more battery than I normally have to worry about. I think it would take me a long while to get to trust that tech instead of range and dial myself. However, like it or not, technology is going to continue to intrude into all aspects of hunting.

These are interesting.

On a mid level priced scope, I would think that kind of setup could be more reliable than clicking turrets.

Seems that every year there are a few hunt stories about folks forgetting to reset their turrets and missing a slam dunk shot because of it.

I get a little worried about clicking turrets for range because it never seems to work out when I'm adjusting my scope so why should it work perfectly for adjusting for yardage?

That's why I've always liked the BDC reticles even though they aren't the best due to the circles covering up part of the target. If you have a cheat sheet and have practiced with them there isn't anything that can really go wrong.

The biggest problem with them is I'm not sure if they would be legal in some states.

I know the guys that have had good success/experience with Sig have absolutely loved them. I'm in the opposite camp right now, and after my experience with my brand new 2200 rangefinder I wouldn't trust this fancy new BDX setup one bit. I sure got a lemon. I will give them the chance to make it right, but have been less then impressed with their customer service up to this point.

After I started asking around to others that I know have bought Sig rangefinders, I have spoken to (2) others, just in my small group of hunting connections, that have also had to send theirs back as well for poor performance. It seems their is a pretty extreme variability in quality from unit to unit; and they admitted as much to me on the phone.
Take that for what it's worth.

Can't speak to BDX, but my kilo 2000 worked flawlessly out to 850 yards on antelope last week. I think combining via bluetooth rangefinder + scope + phone app + wind indicator seems way to fidgety for me. A range from the kilo and a decent estimated wind number followed by known holdover and kentucky windage is about all I ever want.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back