PEAX Equipment

Intro from Missouri

MEG2

Hi all. New member from Missouri, but started watching the forums because of my interest in Western hunting. Being from the Midwest, whitetails have been the main focus of my hunting adventures. I have experienced the days of being lucky to see a deer during the firearm season to a population explosion that allows for managing the animals on our farms.

Wyoming is my favorite place to hunt. It has been 35+ years ago my dad took my mother and I with him to hunt mule deer - somewhere near Ten Sleep. This is were I saw my first "real cowboy" which left a young kid in aw. Although that trip was unsuccessful, it spawned antelope hunts for my dad and grandfather. I was to young to hunt, but my dad took me along with them. These trips are some of my greatest memories and mean more today after the passing of my grandfather this past June. Antelope amazed me and I carried a booklet about antelope published by the G&F that I picked up somewhere along the way.

I didn't get to return to Wyoming until 1999 when I had finished college and had a job. Since then, I have tried to hunt out west every year. Most all my trips have been with my dad. We have hunted antelope, mule deer, and elk in NM, CO, and WY. Fortunately, we have been extremely successful through the years because we hunt hard and put in the effort it takes to be successful.

Anyway, I am not an expert to Western hunting by any means, but hope I can share some of my experiences and prove helpful to others.

Back