Caribou Gear

Florida boy now in Montana

Oakley388

Hey everyone. I've been browsing the boards for a few months since I moved here to Montana. I am an Army Vet who was medically retired back in 2014 and have been bouncing all around since. I grew up hunting in Florida and then the Army gave me the chance to hunt Hawaii for awhile. Like anyone from the east coast I always dreamed of hunting out west and I finally have settled down out here.

I will officially be a resident on the 20th this month which is also the date of the general season so to say I am excited would be a huge understatement. I've been learning a great deal from reading through the forums and look forward hearing more from everyone and hopefully sharing my own success stories here soon.

Thanks for this awesome resource and good luck to everyone still hunting this year!

That's great! So are you heading down to Sportsman's or something the morning of the 20th? Would like to hear how your season goes...have you done any scouting?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

That's great! So are you heading down to Sportsman's or something the morning of the 20th? Would like to hear how your season goes...have you done any scouting?

Yup, the plan is to get my tags and head on out. I've done a little scouting and have a couple of areas in mind but am not set on any specific place yet. I think I am just waiting to see how the weather is by then, it's been pretty snowy up high all day today.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back