Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hushin -kicked out of Idaho?

I made the mistake last season elk hunting.
spent 5 days at spike camp, came to trail head to meet Gerald, while waiting a warden showed up, we talked for an hour before Gerald showed. Before he left, he said let me go ahead and check your licenses. No problem sir.... oops! No archery tag for me he & I discover. My mistake, I usually purchase w my spring bear tag, but that spring I decided to only carry the rifle.
He gave me a friendly warning, and off to town I went, 3hr round trip arrived at TH at 10pm, slept at TH, went to spike camp next morning, shot my 6x6 that evening.
After returning home I sent that Warden a thank you email w a picture of my bull, very kind response from him in return.
Sure glad I didn't get kicked out of Mt.

I would call it more of a dumb mistake not an honest mistake.

Yup, if you are gonna be a personality in the industry, you have to know you will be under more scrutiny. He paid his penalty, and I can move on.

This is much different than a vagrant abuse of the system or resource, (ala MontanaWild and bull trout).

Ha, I can't wait to comment on their video when they release it....I have started to get really disappointed in those guys lately...pretty sad.

Curious as to what your gripes with these guys are? Feel free to pm me if you don’t feel comfortable sharing. I’ve really enjoyed some of their content, but the flat-brim bro-brah does get old.

I've made this mistake once as well. Warden was (and still is) a stand up guy. Gave me a break and allowed me to run into town and purchase one. Thankfully no one kicked me out of the state tho :) LOL

I'll ad this to the stack of things that I can't be bothered to concern myself with. Let me just grab my ladder quick.

Yea I'm curious about the hate for these guys as well. They always seemed to be pretty good advocates for public land to me, but can't say I really follow their content all that much

Yea I'm curious about the hate for these guys as well. They always seemed to be pretty good advocates for public land to me, but can't say I really follow their content all that much

besides the flat bill with the ears tucked in.. the whole marketing of the """"""firebull"""""" is pretty disgusting to me

Grandpa........................tell me bout the good old days

When the line between right and wrong didn't seem so hazy.

The Judds

I really don't know these guys but I will say that my perception of them changed about a year ago. We went to a family thing that was about ten minutes from the Lehi Cabelas. Eric Chesser was at Cabelas with his Fire Bull doing a promo thing. My daughter, who was 15 at the time, really wanted to go. She follows Eric and his girl friend on Instagram. It was really close to the time that it was supposed to end so we hurried. I figures they would already be gone or be loading up. We showed up right at the ending time and went over to talk with Eric. He was really a great guy and was way cool with my daughter. They took some pictures together and she showed him some hunting pictures she had. I bet we sat there and talked for 20 minutes and I never once felt like he wanted to get out of there. Like I said, I have a different view of these guys now.

Heli hunting in nz gave me all I'll ever need to know about them. It's viewed about as highly and regarded about as ethical here as it would be to chase bighorn rams with helicopters in the states.

I'd be cool with them never hunting here again. Do we really need more missed arrows and tears on the landscape?

If it was Ted Nugent doing this the entire site would be up in walls asking he never hunts again but we like these guys so it is an innocent mistake.

It very well could have been just that a mistake and I wont kill them for it. If you are going to make your living off the outdoors you need to be better than everyone and up to board. It isn't that you wont ever make a mistake and it is all about how you handle yourself afterwards.

Went on a waterfowl/pheasant hunt in South Dakota. I had a waterfowl stamp but it was stuck to my Iowa license. That dame thing got stuck together on something else in my wallet so when I got checked I couldn't find the dam thing. The GW could have given me a ticket but let me off with a warning and told me to head to town and buy a new one. I ended up finding it after he left. I had to completely empty my entire wallet and finally dug it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back