Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Best Canine Waterfowling Vest

BrentD

Can anybody recommend a good waterfowling vest for Gus, my golden? He is tough as nails until it comes to cold = then he is a total wimp. Looking at a Boyt vest from LLbean and a bunch of vests from Cabelas, most of which have terrible reviews. What's a good one?

My lab is a little on the smaller side (60lbs) and fits perfectly into a large Avery. No problems with it at all and as long as you trim it for his armpits it should work well. We're not huge duck hunters, but it does keep her warm when we do.

I use an Avery with the handles. Virtually any vest you will need to trim your dog. Your best option is really to take it into the store and see how they fit him

Another Avery user. Never tried the other brands.

I looked around and bought the Boyt vest from LLBean.com. It appears to be identical to the Avery, but i could get it for a few dollars cheaper. I will probably add a S.U.G.A.R.Coat if it looks like we will get into the late season.

Thanks for the help.

I have an Avery one as well. I have used it for 10 years straight with the wirehair and haven't had a single issue. Highly recommend.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back