Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Who, of you....

I ended up with a few sets. My daughter has one, my with the other, and my 3rd in a box with all of the stuff that will someday, hopefully, end up in a shadow box

In the box with the mountain of army paperwork I have to keep for some reason. Still have my original contract. Army 1990-2011.
Its funny, but when I retired after almost 22 years I don't miss the Army, but I truly miss the people. I served with some incredible people. I was truly blessed and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Last edited:
Considering 01 Oct. was my official retirement date from the USAF, I still have them. They are not my originals though, as many AF units make you build a deployment folder and your dog tags are required to be in there. Evidently someone lost all of my stuff somehow, but I do have the second set they made to replace the lost ones, along with an allergy tag. The allergy tag I always got a kick out, I'm allergic to red dye, and my allergy tag is bright red. When I started my terminal leave in mid-June, I made sure I got all the items from my deployment folder and took it home with me.

In the box with the mountain of army paperwork I have to keep for some reason. Still have my original contract. Army 1990-2011.
Its funny, but when I retired after almost 22 years I don't miss the Army, but I truly miss the people. I served with some incredible people. I was truly blessed and wouldn't trade it for the world.

I served over 21 years in the Air Force, and I can say I don't miss it either, but I do miss a lot of the people. I'm on my third month of working as a contractor in the sandbox. When I leave here next July, I don't think I can say the same thing about missing the people though. Most of the ones that are retired military are awesome, but those that just got out of the military, I learned real quick why they got out.

I still have mine and a ton of other things from my Army days. Was just looking through a box of it last night.

Army 1986-1992.

Nemont

Yup. Around here somewhere...still have a pair of jungle boots that I can't part with that have one in the laces too. USMC 95-2001.

Dog tags in a lil box with some foreign coins and collar brass. Still has the 556 round hanging with them. Have a bunch of P-38s in there too, still in the lil brown wrappers. Always have the last one used "in country" on my truck keys. DaNang 71-72

I do..........which included a RED tag because I am allergic to Aspirin / Penicillin.

I guess uncle sam knew that I could need some after a full WestPac with an extended spell in Subic Bay and Phuket

Penicillin and Phuket.......who'd a thunk !!!
Did a tour at Thakli Thailand after DaNang. Those were the days, eh?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back