Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Red Riding Hood is safe

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
In the pre-dawn darkness I blew past this white wolf freshly hit by a vehicle. Locked 'em up and did a U-turn to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me.

Too bad we are racing to our next stop or I would have checked to see if the new road kill salvage program applied to wolves.

Rigormortous had not even set in, so I suspect it happened not long before we came by.

36315.jpg

36317.jpg

No purple minivans were seen in the vicinity. And no local blowhard named Tony could be found.

FWP has the coordinates of where I stashed it in the ditch and they are going to retrieve it.

Saw that on instagram.

I wonder how much game is killed every year by car traffic.

Very cool. Doesn't look like a mega-super-woof. Younger one?

I had someone tell me the the other day they saw one that weighed at least 180 lbs! True Idaho super wolf, no wonder I couldn't find any elk on that ridge this year.

Cool find..
I know I am in the minority but I look at all roadkill's the same....bummer.

I had someone tell me the the other day they saw one that weighed at least 180 lbs! True Idaho super wolf, no wonder I couldn't find any elk on that ridge this year.

Judging live woofs for weight? Good skill. mtmuley

Wow. Pretty rare to hit a wolf with a vehicle. Did you find out from the FWP if wolves can be picked up with the road kill program? I'd be interested to see what they say.

That would be the largest wolf ever shot in Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming. Probably running around with all of the 400" bulls everyone seems to talk about.

In Yellowstone, where people can't hunt wolves and there are plentiful food sources, the largest they've ever weighed was 148lbs. That's not to say they don't get larger, but for every wolf that's larger than that, there are stories of a thousand...

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back