Getting "stuff" to try and help or extend your hunting life span

At 65 I was wondering how many more years I could hunt at 9,000 feet during the third season in NW Colorado. I was slipping, tore up a knee and was generally having a miserable time. (If that's possible doing what you love.) Then I watched one of Randy's shows and saw him with those trekking polls and said why not. Got a nice set and was truly surprise at how much better and easier hunting had gotten. Then I decided to upgrade an older backpack to newer lighter one that fits me right. Added binocular case and rifle sling and was shocked how much easier hunting was. Then I decided to make camp better. I got rid of my outfitter tent and went to a Cabela's six man Instinct Tent and ex large cot. Then added a 4" memory foam mattress, Honda 2000i generator, top quality coolers and I am ready for the next day. The biggest thing I have done, at 70, to extend my hunting time, is I got with a local outfitter from the area I hunt and worked out an arrangement where they will go get my elk when one is down. I skin it, bag it and use my two way radio to call in the coordinates. Worked perfect last year. Oh, I also carry an PLB just in case of emergencies. Adds to piece of mind. I hope everyone has a great hunting season for many years to come.

Get one (or more:)) of these, hunt behind her all day - back and forth across this drainage about 8 times. It'll help your cardio, aerobics, quads, mental well being. No trekking poles useful when wing shooting.
Or maybe try Chukar.......
2016.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back