Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Unit 9 does

pikeman1

Spent most of the day scouting for does in unit 9. Most of the walk in units around lusk. Didn’t see a single antelope. Lots of hunters, but everyone we talked to were mule deer hunting. Will do some more looking tomorrow, if anyone knows of a place I should check out send me a message please. On the brighter side we did fill our 2 buck tags in unit 8, got my first buck. Not very big bucks but we shot the only 2 we saw, I’m in the black coat. FABAE8B0-887A-4B39-BC8C-60D5453F3175.jpg8B277BBD-E9D9-4639-961E-3F46E3F5BD9F.jpg

PM sent. We had doe tags there about 4 years ago. The kids had buck tags further west in WY so we got these as a bonus for the trip home. We saw only a handful of antelope in a full day of hunting, nothing at all like what we had seen earlier in the week further west in the state. We could have stayed and hunted another day but we packed it up and headed home. I just didn't feel right about killing a doe in a unit that had so few antelope in it. I saw a fair amount when I was there in Sept., hopefully they are rebounding a bit.

I think that you will have some difficulty, based on the overall herd size that I saw in the area around Lusk. I could point you in some good spots on public access, if you were in 11, but I have not been in 9 for a number of years. I think that they put out way too many permits for both of those areas. I saw more than enough antelope on private land, but sure not too many that were accessible and not nearly as many as I expected, based on previous numbers. I finally got one 1.4 gps miles from my truck on some state land. With limited public access, hunting them during the later weeks in the season is no joke.

Glad you were successful with your other permits.

Last edited:
We didn’t get any does. Saw one group but they were gone by the time I got to the spot. No luck on rabbits either. We headed up to Buffalo and did get some browns, nothing big but good eaters.B32C3124-EC44-48D9-BA4A-4A7864187867.jpg

Back