MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Law enforcement on wildlife refuges

Prairie Hunter:
1. Take a chill pill
2. This thread really wasn't about government waste, as you stated, but about law enforcement on public lands.
3. Get off your high horse, everyone in this country relies on the government in their daily lives.

To the actual topic, I think the time has come where sportsman have to start demanding an increased investment on law enforcement. I see an increase in blatant disregard for rules: littering on public lands has become rampant, lack of respect for shooting hours, use of motorized vehicles in closed areas, drug use, baiting violations, etc. Sadly, as the population of our country has increased, so has the amount of people without character or values. The numbers of law enforcement for game laws has not kept up. This is a problem in my area and nationwide. It would be nice if some of the conservation orgs would start becoming more outspoken about this.

To the actual topic, I think the time has come where sportsman have to start demanding an increased investment on law enforcement. I see an increase in blatant disregard for rules: littering on public lands has become rampant, lack of respect for shooting hours, use of motorized vehicles in closed areas, drug use, baiting violations, etc. Sadly, as the population of our country has increased, so has the amount of people without character or values. The numbers of law enforcement for game laws has not kept up. This is a problem in my area and nationwide. It would be nice if some of the conservation orgs would start becoming more outspoken about this.
Well said! I completely agree.

My guess is this is as stepping stone to contracting out enforcement work to local counties and/or municipalities. Sometimes contract work is beneficial, other times it's not. As it pertains to NWR enforcement, I am absolutely not a fan of contracting this work out to local LE agencies. However, this is all speculation on my part.

Everyone's favorite Chaffetz tried this with HR 622 for FS LEO's back in 2017 but it never made it out of committee.

Everyone's favorite Chaffetz tried this with HR 622 for FS LEO's back in 2017 but it never made it out of committee.

Yep, we’ll aware of that. You don’t have to do it legislatively if you just don’t fund the FTE.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back