• 2 Freezers

Votes: 33 56.9%
  • 3 Freezers

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • 4+

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters

406LIFE

Curious how many freezers (including outside fridges for game) that you run. I have 3 and am wondering if I am just hording meat now, or do I need to be sharing more?

We run three just so we can keep stuff split up Incase one freezer would happen to quit so we don’t lose it all. Sometimes 4 if it overflows to my trapping freezer

Have 2. One 20cf and one 28cf. They are rarely stuffed, we can't eat it fast enough. I can put about 700lbs of fish and meat in them. We go through maybe 400lbs of game/fish a year, but I have little kids that dont eat much yet.

One standup deep freeze and one chest freezer both in the garage. The chest freezer is for game and fish only as is most of the standing freezer except the top 2 shelves which jold our store bought meat chicken,pork,etc and vegetables from the garden. My girls keep all the other crap like frozen pizzas, hot pockets, and ice cream in the freezer attached to the fridge in the house.

I operate 2 on successful years but more often than not only one is operating at capacity. Sometimes I go crazy and buy a bunch of pork shoulders and the second is handy to spread things out. 2 freezers is also helpful making sure I rotate the stack because I sometimes find meat from 3-4 years ago in the bottom. I feel that a stand up freezer would be better for this.

I have a big upright one outside and a small chest freezer in the house. Primarily meat but right now there are more bags of garden goodies in them we just harvested and I've only killed 2 animals for meat so far with 8 to go. I get excited when I go out and pick out dinner.

I am grateful to know where much of the food I eat comes from. I buy local milk/yogurt/eggs, meat through hunting and occasionally a local producer, and veggies from my garden and local farmers markets. I highly recommend anyone interested in locally produced food to give it a try as supporting small businesses and keeping money in the community feels really good compared to supporting wal mart shareholders.

A chest and upright in the garage and a good sized freezer compartment in the kitchen fridge.

I have one large deep chest freezer and one small one. Would love one that has a small fridge for IPA's and a large freezer for animals. Not sure that combo exists though.

Wasn't there a thread a while back that talked about how many animals people shot to feed the family? If anyone could direct me to that thread it'd be appreciated.

Got one small/medium chest freezer; single and live alone. The only frozen items I buy are biscuits and occasional pork shoulder for sausage mix so the freezer is just for meat and bottles of ice. Wish I had a standup freezer instead for organization, but it's a trade off for the holding capacity for chest. This year I plan to try canning meat to free up space and help with organizing.

I generally only use the freezer attached to the fridge, that's where all the normal grocery store stuff is. When I'm lucky enough to have big game in the house, I have a large chest freezer in the basement.

I have 2. One larger chest freezer and one little square freezer. Both in the basement. More than I need. Have never run out of room in them.

We use 3 freezers (5, 16 & 21 cu. ft.), plus 3 refrigerators which have freezers. I use 2 refrigerators to keep meat cold while we're butchering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back