Mountain lion calling

Husker hunter

Hey guys I drew a mountain lion tag here in Nebraska and I know it's a long shot but I plan on trying. No dogs allowed, any ideas how to hunt? I plan on calling like I would for coyotes & bobcats. Any specific calls that I should download for foxoro? How long should I wait at sets?

If you get to pick your area head to Chadron. There are many on public land in that area South of town. I know there was one with a collar who hangs out at Chadron Creek WMA regularly. Game and Parks has sevearl with collars around there so they may be able to help zero you in on places to look. If you are serious the people to talk to are the family who owns the sawmill. They are on Deadhorse RD about 1.5 miles north of Table RD, Can't miss em. They are thick right in that area and many have been shot near homes by the folks in that area who hate them. They will be able to point you in the right direction with very recent info including any cattle kills in the area to watch as they know everyone.

Hey guys I drew a mountain lion tag here in Nebraska and I know it's a long shot but I plan on trying. No dogs allowed, any ideas how to hunt? I plan on calling like I would for coyotes & bobcats. Any specific calls that I should download for foxoro? How long should I wait at sets?

Rain Shadow Game Calls

http://www.rain-shadow.com/

He used to hang out on 24hr campfire site. He has tons of good info and calls. I have one of his calls but haven't had a chance to use it. He used to have the audio for a few seminars he did at Cabelas in WA that had tons of info and stories on calling cougars, not sure if they are still available on the site or not. Most of his calling and technique though are based around imitating another cougar, not prey in distress.

Rain Shadow Game Calls

http://www.rain-shadow.com/

He used to hang out on 24hr campfire site. He has tons of good info and calls. I have one of his calls but haven't had a chance to use it. He used to have the audio for a few seminars he did at Cabelas in WA that had tons of info and stories on calling cougars, not sure if they are still available on the site or not. Most of his calling and technique though are based around imitating another cougar, not prey in distress. The big things I remember were that calling only really worked when he cut fresh tracks and knew lions were in the area, cold calling a spot didn't often work. If you can use e-calls there was a story I read of guys down in AZ who would get a super long cord(or maybe it was a remote) for the caller, set it out in an opening and then set up on an over-looking cliff to deal with the lions coming in quiet and catching you before you catch them.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back