Long shot

Big Ears

Hi guys,

In 17 days time 4 British (limey) hunters are heading to Montana to try and experience an elk hunt. Two of us are first time on your own hunters and are really looking forward to it.
As part of our chat we spoke of large Calibre rifles and the talk went to .50bmg. Sadly this is likely to be a banned Calibre in the uk soon if you believe the writing on the wall. This has lead me to the big ask, does anyone have a .50bmg that they would let us shoot over a long range just for the experience? We are happy to cover all costs. I know it’s a strange ask but I’d give up a days hunting for the experience.

BE

I'm in El Paso, but if you want to come buy me a .50 rifle, there is a 1000 yard range a few miles from my house....

I don't blame you, when I went over the first time I wanted to shoot a handgun and a machine gun, I got to do both!
America, land of the free!
Cheers
Richard

What area of Montana are you hunting?

In 17 days I am drawing 35000 rounds of .50cal ammo to run thru M2 Machine guns. If your willing to travel to MI, take a quick physical, and make a short 4 year commitment, I can have you firing in no time at all!

Hell I'm in Montana ! You said you would cover the Cost
.I will go get one today !!
It will be ready to go to 1000 plus !
My Son would just love that !! Ha ha

I've never shoot a 50 cal and have no intention of doing it. Not a clue what recoil is like. But the idea sounds to me a bit like driving a car at 100mph and crashing into a tree just to see what it's like! I don't like of shoot any magnum cartridge anymore. Hate recoil. My big rifle is a 30-06. If I was going hunting brown bears I'd take that 30-06 over any magnum!

I've never shoot a 50 cal and have no intention of doing it. Not a clue what recoil is like. But the idea sounds to me a bit like driving a car at 100mph and crashing into a tree just to see what it's like! I don't like of shoot any magnum cartridge anymore. Hate recoil. My big rifle is a 30-06. If I was going hunting brown bears I'd take that 30-06 over any magnum!

I've had the opportunity to pull the trigger on a few over the years. They were big and heavy enough that the recoil wasn't an issue at all. A lightweight 30-06 is a lot sharper and less pleasant experience to me.

It's not the recoil that gets me, it's the concussion coming back from the muzzle brake that smacks you like a brick that i don't like.

It's not the recoil that gets me, it's the concussion coming back from the muzzle brake that smacks you like a brick that i don't like.

I've shot a couple. They must have been set up right, because I experienced manageable recoil and no "concussion". Kinda fun, but there are other big rifles I'd like to shoot also. Shot one of Kirby Allen's .375's. That was a kick in the ass. mtmuley

Back