PEAX Equipment

Old Sarge out and about for 2018.....

I almost forgot to talk about my new equipment for the season. First, the new boots Cabela's Miendl Perfekt Estreme: they were everything I had hoped. Comfortable and warm with really good traction. Given there was some snow and slop I would have been in deep do do had I been wearing the keen I had the last couple of years. Money well spent. Second, the combo of the new MR pack, the MR bino harness and the Kifaru gunbearer: it was amazing how much more functional this stuff was. The binos rode right where they should have and were easy to get to. The pack along with the gunbearer freed my hands up and was stable and quiet. This was especially important as I was carrying a bit more weight than previously. This leads to the final piece of the puzzle, the trekking poles: I have had these for 2 years and finally (along with the gunbearer) made an incredible difference in how I moved and what it felt like effort wise. The big bonus came as they saved my bacon from taking a BIG fall when I started to slip on a bad combo of ice/snow/mud/rocks. Had I fallen I would have been injured in some way. Bent the pole a bit but I can't tell you the prayer of thanks I made for that :) Honorable mention: Mama got me a 12 qt Lodge dutch oven for my birthday and I used it to make a peach cobbler (on CPOs birthday) for the it's inaugural run. The camp cleaned it out!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back