Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Sitka Gear fit?

Fishboy

Sorry guys I wish I could call Sitka direct on this one but I’m heading out first thing monday morning and was hoping to get an answer by then. I have a pair of timberline pants I got in the mail friday. The waste seems like a good fit but the pant legs seem kind of tight. Is that just how they are? I’m not used to this high end system. Been doing carharts and sweats for years. Plan on putting core light and heavy layers on under these timberlines depending on the time of year. Just dont know if I should send these back for a different size or if Thats just this system. I see there are three fits also? Performance, standard, and expedition? How do I know what mine are? Sorry I tried researching this answer before this post. Kind of forced to order online as no one around here carries the pants. Thank you much!

Timberlines are Performance Fit: tailored to hug your curves. I size up on them to fit layers. I am a 34-36 waist, I get a size 38 pants. Your best best for all Sitka gear is to try them on in different sizes and see what fits for you (with 3 different fits depending on the article of clothing: performance, standard, expedition). I really trust the gear, I don't trust the sizing at all. So put your layers on and then the Timberlines and see how you like them. There is some stretch that will help.

I know Cabelas sells sitka gear. I don't know if they would have all the different pieces you are looking for, but maybe enough you could figure out the sizing that works for you. Might be worth a drive if there is one within reason

I've visited Cabela's a few times to find a Sitka outfit that would fit, but no. The labels on the clothing to identify model and size were hard to read and had no clear description of materials. Their fitment seems very odd. Shirts and coats with long skinny arms, pants for pencil thighs and long legs, and zippers such that they can't be altered. Seemed all tailored to tall, skinny china men. I'm stocky, muscular and not tall and could find nothing in their lines. The Sitka website is even more vague, incomplete and oddly organized. Many clothing sellers aim for the middle 70% of the market. Seems like Sitka aims for the middle 20%.

I have found that the sitka gear I purchased fits true to size. I have an athletic build but have very large quads and have trouble with a lot of pants fitting above the knee and have not had an issue with my timberline pants. I would definitely say that sitka is built for the active hunter and not the guy that hunts from his ATV.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back