Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

A few honkers bit it

schmalts

Fun morning, I love folding these guys up pass shooting. I sure miss my old lab. RIP Zepplin. My buddies GSP isn't too bad though.20180929_080117_002.jpg

Those are some good sized birds Pat. I always enjoy the thud sound when they come crashing to earth. Good times. There have been a lot of birds migrating thru here the last week. I bet they are piling up in your area now.

Nice. Whats the method or how do you exactly pass shoot? I get the idea of it I just dont understand how to setup. Find there roost and set up between and wait them out ? Never really done it just curious.

Nice. Whats the method or how do you exactly pass shoot? I get the idea of it I just dont understand how to setup. Find there roost and set up between and wait them out ? Never really done it just curious.
catch them flying out in the morning. I like decoys better but it's a lot of dinking around in the morning. I usually use decoys more later in the season. That full moon we just had seems to kick them into migration.

Awsome. I miss goose hunting. I used to grind the breasts and make pepperoni sticks. For geese, where the recipe calls for water, I use apple cider. I have taken bags of honker pepperoni sticks to work and they never would believe it was goose. Always got ate quick though.

Very nice! What is your favorite recipe for geese? (if you don't mind sharing).

Very nice! What is your favorite recipe for geese? (if you don't mind sharing).

Jerky. Or I slice 1/8 in thick, marinade in tuscan garlic and herb, roll around onion wedge, pepperoni slice, water chestnut, then wrap with bacon and roast on a smokey fire. That is the best.

We had our youth waterfowl weekend hunting here over the past two days. Saturday we had 4 kids - each burned over a box of shells and bagged 11 Canadas (limit is 3 each). Sunday we had 3 kids - shooting was a bit better and 9 Canadas were taken. Difficult to say who had more fun : the youth kids or the adult kids !!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back