Arkansas restricts access to non-residents

Maybe other states should take a page out of Wyoming's book.

"The Department shall issue a trapping license to a nonresident only
if their state issues licenses to Wyoming residents to trap the
same species for which residents of that state may be licensed
to trap in that state. "

Cool Arkansas you do you... but don't try and hunt ducks on WMAs in the 29 other states that have them.

Personally I think the same rule should apply to elk hunting; sorry Michigan and Wisconsin, I get that your elk population is tiny and the odds of a resident drawing are 1 in a million and honestly I would never apply for a tag because I wouldn't want to take that opportunity from a local... but it's bs that non-residents can't apply period. You can make a non-resident tag 20k and only give out one NR tag total every 5 years or something crazy... but if you want to access a public resource in CO you have to give the residents of CO an opportunity in your state, however small.

That's very interesting. I guess it's kinda like Concealed Carry, only some states have reciprocity with others.

Wyoming needs to do something similar that just applies to Colorado. The Hunting deficit is simply out of whack with CO hunting imports being much larger than WY hunting exports. A hunting tariff of 25% shall be applied to all WY big game tags sold to CO residents and increased motel taxes for those with Colorado plates. It's time for WY to capitalize on our neighbors.

That's very interesting. I guess it's kinda like Concealed Carry, only some states have reciprocity with others.

Wyoming needs to do something similar that just applies to Colorado. The Hunting deficit is simply out of whack with CO hunting imports being much larger than WY hunting exports. A hunting tariff of 25% shall be applied to all WY big game tags sold to CO residents and increased motel taxes for those with Colorado plates. It's time for WY to capitalize on our neighbors.

lol... I saw a great bumper sticker in MT, "Hey Colorado, don't California Montana"

Also I find in interesting that the only times I have had negative interactions with hunters in the field it has been over ducks.

I wonder if it’s because the expectation is for it to be easy, ie if you see a ton of deer hunters in the field or someone blows up your stalk on an elk, well elk hunting is hard or you can fill your tag another day and success rates are low so you come into it with an expectation of not getting anything. But when you duck hunt you expect to kill birds every time you go out so if you get skunked or have your hunt spoiled by others you get pissed because of your expectation.

To be clear in those situations I was as pissed as the other guy, I’ve never been fired up at some else in the elk woods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back