Caribou Gear

Sierra tgk bullets?

I'm happy to report that the 6.5 mm 130 grainers worked about as well as anything I've used in the past which was mostly the Hornady 129 grain interlocks. They seemed to be a bit less destructive than the interlocks. Took a small antelope buck which was DRT and filled a doe tag. The doe went maybe 30 yards. Small entrance wound on each and no gaping exit wound on either.

How much blood shot meat did you see on both antelope? Just my experience that sierras cause blood shot meat than any other bullets I’ve used.

How much blood shot meat did you see on both antelope? Just my experience that sierras cause blood shot meat than any other bullets I’ve used.

I think that there will be very little. The buck was hit through the rib cage with small hole on each side. I got one pic and my camera battery was low. The doe was hit behind one front leg and exited through the soft tissue in front of the rear leg on the other side. The landowner who saw them get hit said she did a small circle and dropped. I'll likely use them again next year.

It helps a lot to hit them where there's little or no meat to damage.

Last edited:
Pro hunters myself. I have seen a buddy with similar big areas of bloodshot with gamekings

Pro hunters myself. I have seen a buddy with similar big areas of bloodshot with gamekings

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back