Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Nosler Accubond 140 grain 7mm RM vs Pronghorn

I'm wondering if Nosler has changed the makeup of their .284 140 Accubond bullets? My current 280AI loading uses 140 Accubonds at 3200+ FPS, my 270 WSM uses 140 accubonds near 3300 FPS, and my 25/06 pushes the 110 accubond near 3200. All seem to more bore a tunnel or core thru game than blow up. Most would rather lose a little meat than have an animal run off.

That's a darn fine lope the OP has taken there, Congrats, he's a good one!

Last edited:
Nice Buck!!! I’d probably step up to the 160gr like others have stated. I tend to like heavy for caliber bullets.

I have to ask, is there any reason you are considering partitions over copper? I tried partitions in my 270 WSM and, though better than the accubonds, I still wasn't satisfied with the excessive damage they did on closer shots.

My exact experience with the 140 Accubond out of my 7 WSM. I shot 2 deer at less than 100 yards. Neither bullet exited but damage was massive and gruesome. I literally cut the near shoulder off with my knife - nothing holding it on but skin. I quit using them in that gun. Changed to 160 Accubond - problem solved. In fact running 160 AB in my 280 AI and it's going to WY and CO in October to chase elk. I bet it works lol.

It doesn't take much to kill a pronghorn, but using a fast and heavy for caliber bullet often helps with long distance shots in the wind.

It also doesn't take much to ruin a cape on one.

I'm just wondering how my 338 Edge will perform on the lopes ? Pushing a 300 gr.smk at 2890 . We will find out in a few weeks . Anybody tryed this combo?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back