Nosler shipping 28 Nosler ammo/brass

dcopas78

I just saw a video on Facebook from Nosler stating that they are shipping out brass and ammo for the 28 this week to their dealers. It should start showing up on some of the retailers sites for sale soon just to let anyone looking know. I know I'm going to order at least 3 boxes of brass, possibly more. I hope they accounted for this, I would assume most people looking are going to do the same and buy it up.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how fast this run dries up. I've got 2 buddies that use a 28 and both of them were complaining about lack of components. Doesn't make me feel too bad, now, using the old, slow, 7mm Rem Mag.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how fast this run dries up. I've got 2 buddies that use a 28 and both of them were complaining about lack of components. Doesn't make me feel too bad, now, using the old, slow, 7mm Rem Mag.

LOL, slow. Just out of curiousity, what velocities does one get from a 160 grain bullet? I know what nosler advertises, but i'd like to hear some real world velocities.

LOL, slow. Just out of curiousity, what velocities does one get from a 160 grain bullet? I know what nosler advertises, but i'd like to hear some real world velocities.

I'm averaging 3300 fps with a 160 grain AB. I will more than likely experiment around now that I can hopefully get some more brass. I may try to drop velocity, go for a higher BC, heavier bullet and see what that does to my groups. It is already shooting .91 inch group without experimenting much.

I'm getting great accuracy from the 168gr Winchester Accubond Long Range load, and it's cruising at 2900fps. I had a 3 shot group of 4-5" at 700yds and gusting wind with it the last time I stretched it out, so I'm happy for now. I'd really like to get a load worked up with the 160gr Accubonds and get them to 3100, which should be doable in my 27" barrel. It kicks no more than my 30-06, so I don't need a muzzle brake to shoot it well, and I don't have to mess with extra hearing protection either.

The 28 Nosler is a great round, there's no denying it, but it's admittedly just too much for what I personally need.

Back