Caribou Gear

Pro-Tool *Slightly Political*

RHCC6

I am sitting here writing this as I just read a meme, of all things, that triggered some deeper emotions than expected. It was a simple “There have been 263 days in 2018 and 262 mass shootings!” With no fact checking I went from “What,” to “Really,” to “Well yeah gang violence,” to “nah,” to “Well how damned many of them have been in gun free zones?” Then I stopped and shook my head. For anyone left wondering still, I did just disclose that I am pro-gun. However, this is where my thoughts took a turn. I am not so much “pro-gun” as “pro-tool.” I am all about the tool that allows me self-preservation. Which, in the end, is the most important thing to me life of my loved ones and myself. That nasty, dirty rotten, horrifying gun is no more than a tool I use for self-preservation. If I need food I can turn to my tool, the gun, to feed myself and family. Let us not get into the mass shooting that I performed on Sep 1 in a dove field and was able to feed my family for 3 meals on $7 of ammo (small family and yes I can shoot) and some additional fuel. This same tool that can feed my family by providing food is also one that can provide protection from harm. I write this with the full intentions of hitting a biased audience and with that being said, hunters and gun owners know the value of a firearm for home protection and again… self preservation. The same tool, the gun, can help you fend off harmful attack waged against same loved ones that you fed with the same tool. This tool is a powerful one, but with every powerful tool such as a chainsaw, vehicle, kitchen knife, or anything else we want to use; we will always find Darwinism at play. Any tool in the wrong hands is dangerous. On the same note, we never see anyone call for the usage of vehicles to end when we have deaths caused by manner of vehicle accident. The vehicle tool, used to do work hauling, moving items and transporting people to their jobs, allows people to provide self-preserving food and shelter everyday across this nation, however no one ever calls for vehicles to be outlawed just because this tool happens to be one of the leading causes of death in the nation. A tool is a tool. Some come with greater risks and that is why we live in a world of warning labels, just look at your morning cup of coffee. The biggest wish I have is to not have the tools I use to provide for and preserve my family’s way of life taken from me by people who expect others to provide for them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back