AZ 4a

glass eye

Not considered a trophy unit but it doesn't take too long to draw.

Attachments

• 20180918_090638.jpg
    20180918_090638.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 367
Awesome bull!! How long did it take to draw?

A non res can draw it with about 7 points. If you have a hunter ed point and a loyalty point, that would make it 5 years. Still sounds like a long time but compared to 15-20 years in the best units, 5 isn't that bad.

Last edited:
A non res can draw it with about 7 points. If you have a hunter ed point and a loyalty point, that would make it 5 years. Still sounds like a long time but compared to 15-20 years in the best units, 5 isn't that bad.

Unfortunate those days are long gone. It’s 9 points minimum to draw 4a now and if you are just starting, you can figure a whole lot more, unless you get lucky in the random. I have 8 points now and doubt I can draw 4a in less 5 more years. Probably more.

Unfortunate those days are long gone. It’s 9 points minimum to draw 4a now and if you are just starting, you can figure a whole lot more, unless you get lucky in the random. I have 8 points now and doubt I can draw 4a in less 5 more years. Probably more.

I have drawn 4a twice before as a 2nd choice and both times with 7 points. This time I had 8 points but the past 2 years I only applied for points because of other conflicting hunts and events. Luck of the draw. I have 23 points for turkey and can't draw a Gould's tag, but I have a non-res friend who has drawn it twice.

I have drawn 4a twice before as a 2nd choice and both times with 7 points. This time I had 8 points but the past 2 years I only applied for points because of other conflicting hunts and events. Luck of the draw. I have 23 points for turkey and can't draw a Gould's tag, but I have a non-res friend who has drawn it twice.

Yep, that’s the good thing. You can draw on any given year in AZ. But, the points required to guarantee a draw are going up rapidly. Congrats on your hunt, it looks like it was a blast!

I hunted 4A last year and tagged a bull I am still very happy with. A buddy who drew it last year also drew it this year (AZ resident and lucky son of a gun) and is still up there right now trying to get it done. Not a premium unit but when the bulls get cranked up it's a ton of fun to roam with a stick and string.

Love the look of the rack on your bull. Congrats!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back