PEAX Equipment

Black bear central montana

Twolftg

Hey guys out grinding with a few buddies trying to fill our spring bear tags, looking for any advice. I am new to spot and stalk, and although I saw a few bears this spring I choose not to shoot, this seems to be a different animal. I kind of assumed bears would be on the berries or what's left of them and simply posting up high with a good vantage point would not be the best method. We are staying in white sulfur and have been working the little belts and big belts. Short of driving a couple hours north and west not sure what to do. Thanks in advance kevin

White sulfur springs is kinda in the middle of bear central. Saw a bore just out side the Credit union yesterday .
Not sure if he was trying to make awithdrawall Hahaha. Anyway south is the Kings hill and Monarch area, very good bear hunting all the way from WSS to monarch. south east is Stanford, running wolf area very good as well. All the way west to hellena is good too.
Good luck , if you put in the time you will find bears .

I definitely know the bears are here, just questioning on hunting method mostly. In spring they are out eating the fresh shoots during the green up, now I am assuming they are on the berries, if they are any left. What else would they be eating.

I’ve never seen a huckleberry patch in the Little Belts. I don’t know what the fall bears eat, but I’m pretty sure it’s not berries.

I’ve never seen a huckleberry patch in the Little Belts. I don’t know what the fall bears eat, but I’m pretty sure it’s not berries.
Chokecherries, goose berries, rose hips, Grass, Dandelions in bloom are a great part of there diet. I have seen black bears with yellow lips a lot...
The little belts have many variety's of berries, Mountain Hyacinths are a good draw too.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back