Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming Backpack Deer, 2018

Well done. What were the overnight temps? What tent do you use for backpacking? Sleeping bag and pad? Any sort of cover for on top of the bag when gets cold? Backpacking always results in trade-offs so curious about the tent and sleeping set up.

Snowy

Way to get it done again!! Beautiful buck man. Same rifle combo as last year?

Well done. What were the overnight temps? What tent do you use for backpacking? Sleeping bag and pad? Any sort of cover for on top of the bag when gets cold? Backpacking always results in trade-offs so curious about the tent and sleeping set up.
This was pretty much my gear set up: https://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?284900-Backpack-Mule-Deer-Gear-List-Sept-2018&p=2748886#post2748886
Night temps in low 30's and high 20's.

Rifle was Tikka T3x Lite, 6.5C, 147 ELDM, SWFA SS 3-9.

Very nice buck! Congrats! Looks like great country.

apparently no fancy camo patterns are needed to shoot big bucks! thanks for sharing, awesome Buck.

you said ammo was ELDM, did you mean ELDX or does the match ammo work well for hunting as well? will it expand?

apparently no fancy camo patterns are needed to shoot big bucks! thanks for sharing, awesome Buck.

you said ammo was ELDM, did you mean ELDX or does the match ammo work well for hunting as well? will it expand?
Yep ELDM. I don't advocate for or against match bullets for hunting, I just use what I use and so far they (mostly Lapua Scenars) haven't given me a reason to complain in terms of paper or animal performance. Like most things, you can find any opinion you like on the www to support either side. :) I am not ignorant of the lead/copper situation among other concerns either, I intend keep the topic in consideration.

Great buck and great write up. Congrats! Thank you for sharing that.

Fantastic buck Snowy. Your string of finding bruisers like this has been incredible to follow along the few years. You've set the bar high.

Also sorry to hear about the bad news of the weekend. Can't imagine what must've been going through your mind up there.

Fantastic buck Snowy. Your string of finding bruisers like this has been incredible to follow along the few years. You've set the bar high.

Also sorry to hear about the bad news of the weekend. Can't imagine what must've been going through your mind up there.

Agreed, on both points.

You are living right! Congrats on another great buck - appreciate your youth and being able to get after it like you do.

Congrats! Holy cow, I never thought about dislocating a shoulder with a heavy pack. I'm glad it worked out for you and you made it off the mountain safely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back