Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming Backpack Deer, 2018

• Thread starter Deleted member 16014
  • Start date
Nicely done again. The shoulder issue sounds a bit scary. You hunting in trail runners?

Congrats on the nice deer. Do you guys generally pack out a whole deer in one trip? I'm relatively new to hunting and have only harvested one deer and took it out in two trips. Just trying to get a sense of what other people do. One brutal trip or two hard trips? How many trips are people generally taking for a bull elk?

This is one of the more anticipated annual threads on here. Nice job once again. That's a trophy ewe.

Congrats on the nice deer. Do you guys generally pack out a whole deer in one trip? I'm relatively new to hunting and have only harvested one deer and took it out in two trips. Just trying to get a sense of what other people do. One brutal trip or two hard trips? How many trips are people generally taking for a bull elk?
One tripping a boned out deer is possible, and allows you to be more flexible with mileage, terrain, and time spent hunting since you only have to suffer it once with a full load. However, without proper preparation, gear, and mentality it would not be worth it. I see it as a tool in the toolbox depending on the area, not a necessity in any way.

Congrats on the hunt. I've been watching for this. I look forward to hearing about your elk hunt.

Back