Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Quivalizer...dumb gadget or functional tool?

There's a reason every target archer has a long bar, to assume the benefit only works for targets is just idiotic.

They're not cumbersome at all actually, but I've used a long bar on a bow for about 45 years now. There is a bar that extends, I believe Corey Jacobson is using it.

This one was 24".

View attachment 87489

My exact thoughts, I've used a front bar anywhere from 10-24 inches on a hunting bow for quite sometime, usually with a backbar as well.

There's a reason every target archer has a long bar, to assume the benefit only works for targets is just idiotic.

They're not cumbersome at all actually, but I've used a long bar on a bow for about 45 years now. There is a bar that extends, I believe Corey Jacobson is using it.

This one was 24".

https://crossoverstabilizer.com/collections/fully-adjustable-telescopic-bow-stabilizers
Yep that is my 2nd choice, keep it closed up when hiking and if getting ready for a long shot just extend it out! Corey actually has a way to carry his bow on his hip with it extended. Looks pretty handy!

Care to elaborate?

Sure. I have tried stabilizers at the range and have seen no change in my performance. I gave mine away. I have watched many others at the range using stabilizers who shoot no better than I do (I don't claim to be better than the average guy). I think that a lot of archers buy a lot of accessories to improve their performance because its easier to spend money to try and solve a problem rather than go to the range and focus on each step of the shooting process, or because they are victims of marketing hype (guilty here myself).

That said, I believe that competitive archers who truly shoot well to begin with can gain a competitive scoring advantage when using stabilizers that would most likely be too awkward in the field.

Big game hunters need to hit something the size of a soccer ball often under less than ideal shooting conditions. The competitive archer generally shoots on a nice flat open field at a target that won't be spooking soon.

Of course if it makes you feel more confident to use one, then you should. I believe there is a strong correlation between confidence and success.

Last edited:
Sure. I have tried stabilizers at the range and have seen no change in my performance. I gave mine away. I have watched many others at the range using stabilizers who shoot no better than I do (I don't claim to be better than the average guy). I think that a lot of archers buy a lot of accessories to improve their performance because its easier to spend money to try and solve a problem rather than go to the range and focus on each step of the shooting process, or because they are victims of marketing hype (guilty here myself).

That said, I believe that competitive archers who truly shoot well to begin with can gain a competitive scoring advantage when using stabilizers that would most likely be too awkward in the field.

Big game hunters need to hit something the size of a soccer ball often under less than ideal shooting conditions. The competitive archer generally shoots on a nice flat open field at a target that won't be spooking soon.

Of course if it makes you feel more confident to use one, then you should. I believe there is a strong correlation between confidence and success.

interesting points, I have definitely seen guys try to buy their way into performance with their bows and I agree more range time is the answer. Thanks for your input.

I bought a bowtech carbon knight which is 3.2# 4 yrs ago. In september i was on 3 week hunt for my 4th year in a row, elk hunt in either montana or wyoming. This year i switched to a ultra thin victory vap 0.166 arrows, only a select few quivers accomodated the thin arrows. After researching i decided to try the quivalizer because of it handling the 0.166 arrows, secondly it acted as a stabilizer reaching 20 inches long while getting rid of 12oz. Of weight from my short stabilizer. Third, it gives me 2 different quiver locations based on where i am hunting. I hunted for three weeks in nw wyoming at 9000 ft and with a sling-a ling on my bow i never once felt that the quivalizer was in the way. I intentially setup my weapon to be as light as possible. The quivalizer is quiet vibration free, holds arrows very tight, lighter than any stabilizer, and normal quiver. Add in the sling-a -ling and you have the lightest setup for a compound and i was very happy with ultra thin arrow ,quivalizer and the sling a ling. P.s. I have hunt whitetails here in my treestand for 3 weeks and it has not been an issue in my hunts here in michigan.

Back