Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

ND youth deer hunt.

NDMuley

20180918_183820.jpg
Took my good friends boy out tonight. We got to our spot at 6:00 and at 6:30 I spotted a doe at 160 yards. He brings up the gun on the sticks and I ask him can you get a good shot. He says yes. I am watching the deer and hear the safety click off. Waiting for the shot and I hear the safety click back on. He tells me he can't shoot I am shaking to much. I say take your time and whenever your ready. Doe 2 steps out broadside at the same 160. I tell him to get on this 1. She starts walking and I say when she stops and you have a shot take it. 5 seconds later boom. I can tell it was a good shot. Sit for 15 mins and walk to where she was. Blood trail a blind man could see. 30 yards into the trees dead deer. One happy kid.

WOWWW!! Now that is how young kids should be introduced to deer hunting. Congrats young man and mentor!! I love these youth hunts, by far the most fun thing is to take beginners out.

WTG "Uncle" NDMuley! Helping a newby/kid is double the fun of getting out yourself. Congratulations

Good on you for taking him! And on him for knowing when not to shoot. Congrats to the both of you, nothing better!!!

That's a good hunter in the making! Great story and Congratulations on his first deer.

Thanks everyone. Wish us luck for tonight as I am taking another boy out. Will post results tonight. Hopefully with some big smiles.

Good job. It took my son 3 years to be able to seal the deal. We had lots of fun along the way, but the day he shot his first big buck on his own made my whole trip. Youth hunts are a blast. It all starts with what we teach them.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back