Big Manti Utah Bull for my wife!

RidgeRebel

My wife drew a Manti early rifle tag this year with only 10 points. We were shocked to get the results and had been planning for months. Opening day finally came and as luck would have it we found a canyon with 12 bulls and three large groups of cows. The rut action was awesome bugling nearly all day. Saturday night, we snuck down a ridge and got just above the bull we wanted and had him raking a tree 80 yards away. The wind switched before we could get a clear shot and his cows busted. We thought the hunt was over for the day when suddenly the bull we were after charged up the hill toward us chasing another bull away from his cows. The two bulls fought for several minutes right in front of us. I cow called and the target bull screamed back. Then the target bull ran off the other bull and came at us at a trot. My wife shot the bull perfect at 50 yards or so. Definitely the most exciting hunt of our lives. AND NO I DON'T CARE WHAT HE SCORES! I got kind of sick of everyone who saw the bull asking what he scores and a few lamenting how the DWR has messed up all the units. My wife and I were very satisfied with her hunt of a lifetime. Utah elk hunting is still some of the best anywhere. Sorry about the last bit, but people just need to enjoy a hunt and get off the score already. Thanks for letting us share.
24lty0p.jpg

RidgeRebel

Fantastic bull. I especially like the extra tines of his bases and G1's. Sounds like an amazing experience.

Congrats! all these stories and pictures of bulls I am losing sleep at night! leave in 27 days!!!

Congrats to you both! Does he have split brows on both sides? That's awesome!

Awesome!!! What did it score..(just kidding). I would do a smiley face but my fire makes question marks on most forums...

That is an incredible bull for sure!!

Congrats! That is an awesome story and scene you all witnessed. Great area and glad to know how many points it takes there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back