Newbie from Kansas CIty

bigbryce86

Hey yall, newbie here. Not sure exactly where to start so here it goes. I always grew up thinking you had to have land, or know someone with land to be able to hunt. Over the past few years, I've started discovering public lands and what they offer. I enjoy Waterfowl hunting, and am wanting to get out west for Elk, Moose, Sheep etc. Although most people call me a hunter, I really don't consider myself one. I'm a guy who likes to shoot and goes hunting a couple of times a year.

I'm also really big into fitness. I lost my way some years ago and got to 300 pounds. Something had to change. I could never go hunting the mountains at that weight with a bum knee. Fast-forward over a year later, and I've lost 90 pounds! I work hard everyday to get better, and to obtain my dream of going out west and hunting.

My favorite thing to do is shoot. I've shot competitions (USPSA, and a Trap league)off and on for years. I'm hoping to be able to go shoot a Long Range Precision competition soon as well.

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for reading!

Welcome to the forum! I have weight issues as well from being wounded in Iraq. I'm currently down about 70 pounds, but I was such a fatass when I started I'm still a fatass lol

Hello Bryce, hope you live on the "right" side of the border! (I was taught at an early age to "hate" black/gold uniforms ;) )

Welcome to HuntTalk, its a pretty target rich environment here, lots of stories to shorten the learning curve

Hello Bryce, hope you live on the "right" side of the border! (I was taught at an early age to "hate" black/gold uniforms ;) )

Welcome to HuntTalk, its a pretty target rich environment here, lots of stories to shorten the learning curve

I already don't like you lol. I will say, I do miss the border war. Weather good or bad, both sides always had a couple games a year to look forward to, and no matter what, they were going to be good games.

Welcome to the forum! I have weight issues as well from being wounded in Iraq. I'm currently down about 70 pounds, but I was such a fatass when I started I'm still a fatass lol

Lol, well congrats on what you have lost and keep it up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back