Lose a Bull, Unit 65 CO?

KayakMacGyver

It's a long shot, but I know the sick feeling and hope I can lessen someone else's. I found a 2018 archery kill (5x5) that someone couldn't recover. It's got a really cool feature and an excellent otc bull. I m carrying the skull and rack ound with me in the back of the truck until 9/23, when ill head home to Florida.

If this sounds ilike it could be yours or someone you know, pm me and tell me general part of the unit you were in and about the special characteristic. Provide contact information if you wish as I wont be back in cell range until 9/22 late or 9/23 AM.

I'm not a member of any other elk specific forums, but if anyone is and wants to pass this along...please do.

While it might seem like a nice thing to do, I'm not sure what the rules are in Colorado but in Utah if you came across that bull it should be reported and not touched. The DWR might want to investigate it and only after they give you explicit permission can you take the head/antlers. I imagine Colorado isn't much different.

While it might seem like a nice thing to do, I'm not sure what the rules are in Colorado but in Utah if you came across that bull it should be reported and not touched. The DWR might want to investigate it and only after they give you explicit permission can you take the head/antlers. I imagine Colorado isn't much different.

Colorado is MUCH different than Utah. You are allowed to pick up and take deadheads without reporting anything. No laws broken and a commendable thing to do by reporting it on this forum. Road kill are the only thing you have to report, get a tag for.

We got my brothers buck last year because someone put it on Facebook. Couldn’t believe it. My brothers biggest buck to date and wow was he happy.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back