What is the D1 measurement on this buck?

npaden

I posted this in my hunt recap thread, but it might be getting lost in my verbose narrative so I thought I would try it in a separate thread.

I thought it would be easy to just do a few quick searches and find the answer, but so far I can't figure it out.

What is the measurement on for the D1 on this buck?

Untitled by naathan2, on Flickr

The score sheet says that you need to have the tape in contact with the horn the entire time around the horn base. I can slide the tape between the little burr in the back and the regular horn and that's how I measured it. Just completely ignoring that back part of the horn. (really it seems like a separate horn).

If I ran the tape around the whole thing it would be 9" and would probably make the 80" minimum.

Here's the quote from the score sheet:

D-1. CIRCUMFERENCE OF BASE
The circumference of the base is measured at a right angle to the axis of the horn. DO NOT follow the irregular edge of the horn; the line of measurement must be entirely on horn material.

I haven't tried to cut between the horns, but when I was caping it, I tried it a little and it seemed harder like they are somewhat attached, but the back ones wiggle a little bit so I think I could probably cut between them. I know it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I am more curious about it than anything.

Thanks, Nathan

Looks like hair between the two "horns". Measuee the smaller diatance. Also, looks like you need to let it dry for 60 days. Call a local OM.

From the book:

20180918_120159.jpg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back