truck tire opinions

I ordered 17" wheels/tires that came in a couple days ago and got them installed. I got them used, but tires like new, for less than brand new tires for the 18" wheels. When I go to 10-ply on these, it opens up a ton more options than for an 18" wheel, and they're less costly also.

In the interim, I'm running the 17's with the current Goodyear highway-type tires, with the 18" set with 10-ply Coopers (about 20% tread remaining) as my 4 full-sized spares. Eventually, after using up the highway tires, I'll have 8 full-sized 10-plys for less money than if I'd just kept replacing the 18's with 10-plys.

The ko 2 arent noisy - got them on my honda pilot wirth every penny

I have a 2014 dodge ram with the 20 in rims. Looking for new tires this fall. I had looked at the bfg ko2 but am concerned about road noise. I do go on dirt and gravel for hunting season each year but the rest of the year its daily driver. Looking for options that would be a good trail tire and snow tire but not so noisey on the road that its annoying.

I like my K2o's but they seem not to grip the icy roads very well. They are on a F150 crew cab with topper on and at around 40 PSI in the winter the truck seems to slide around and break loose. The wear is assume but I will probably be searching for a different brand when they are shot

Speaking as someone that has worked in the tire industry for some years, you can't go much wrong with either the BFG, or Michelin.

Another, lesser expensive alternative to the TAKO is Grenral Grabber AT2. Same tread design,.

The Falken AT tires i have run into look great, but wear fairly quickly.

Buy a Goodyear, have a good 6 months.

I just settled on the cooper at3/4s for my f150 w/ 275 55 r20. Was between those and the goodyear wrangler kevlar or the Michelin ltx a/t. Hopefully they do well.

Back