Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What generators are you using.

WI Whitetail Hunter

What Generators are most people using?? Currently am using a Cabelas Outdoorsman to provide electricity for our camp which includes a freezer, microwave and lighting. Once we have meat down the generator runs non-stop and is loud. Suggestions??

What Generators are most people using?? Currently am using a Cabelas Outdoorsman to provide electricity for our camp which includes a freezer, microwave and lighting. Once we have meat down the generator runs non-stop and is loud. Suggestions??

Honda

Honda 2000's both are compatible with each other. Quite and fuel efficient!

Honda 2000s are really a good generator. We have used them for several seasons. They run quietly and seem to be fuel efficient.

I too would recommend Honda. I own a Polaris 2000 watt but I was in a tough spot and needed one immediately and the Polaris was there so I bought it. No issues at all with the Polaris. The Polaris can also be connected in parallel with another Polaris unit if I ever wanted to.
One thing to keep in mind is as you get higher in elevation the capacity of your generator gets less and less. Example my buddy uses a 1600 watt Coleman for his microwave. No issues around 1000' but at 6000' it will not run the microwave. If you are going to use it above 5000' be sure to buy one that is at least 25% larger than you need. The freezer compressor should not be running all of the time (once it gets to the correct temperature) but if it happens to be running and you use the microwave at exactly the same time a 2000 watt will not be enough. If you are willing to manage the usage then a 2000 should be OK. I think Honda and Yamaha both make a generator that is just over 2000 watt and that extra 300-400 watts can make a difference.
I don't have any personal experience with the Predators from Harbor Freight but they get good reviews. I did buy the Polaris over the Predator when I had to have a generator on that day.

Last edited:
Once your freezer is cold there is no need to run the gen all the time. One or twice a day for an hour or so will keep it frozen with no problem. Propane lanterns are pretty much noise free and how much and I suppose you could run the gen for the 5 minutes the microwave is being used.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back